New Board for 2013-14 Season:
Travel Team Commissioner:
Also on the Board:
2012-13 League Coordinator:
These are the folks working behind the scenes making this all possible!
Be sure to thank them for all their help when you see them!!
The SBA has decided to move forward with a House League Tournament Team this season.
House League Kids interested in trying out for this team need to be at the one and only tryout we will be holding.
This tryout will take place this Friday Night December 13th at 7:30pm in Gym 1 at the Superior Middle School.
We apologize for such short notice but it was difficult getting this organized.
There is a Tournament in place for this team to participate in on January 4th here in Superior.
This team will be guaranteed 4 games at that tournament.
The Coaches in place for this team may look at adding tournaments to this teams schedule.
Know that there could be a per player cost for every tournament this team decides to participate in.
Please send any questions regarding this matter to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
THE SBA ENCOURAGES POSITIVE COMMENTS FROM THE BLEACHERS
Cancelled Gym Times listed below
These are dates the SBA cannot use the Gymnasiums.
This Means there are no practices in these gyms on these dates. November 27th, 28th & 29th in all schools.
At Lake Superior no gym onDecember 12th & 13th.
At Bryant no gym on December 13th, 16th & 17th.
At Four Corners no gym on December 17th.
At Cooper no gym on December 12th & 13th.
At Great Lakes no gym on December 12th & 13th and January 23rd.
Northern Lights School, no gym use on December 16th & 17th
Gym 3 on January 14th due to a High School Wrestling Meet
Ten Things Parents of Athletes Should Know
1. Itís not about you, its about them. Do not live your own sports dreams through your kids. Itís their turn now. Let them make their own choices, both good and bad.
2. Never talk to a coach about your childís play time after a game. Actually you never should. You should have your kid do that. That said, if you just canít help yourself, send an email the next day and ask for some phone time.
3. NEVER yell at referees. They are trying. How would you like it if someone came to your job and screamed at you? Not. So. Much. If you have a real issue file a grievance the next day.
4. Do NOT coach your kid from the sideline. Your job is to be a cheerleader, not a coach. If you wanted to coach, you should have volunteered.
5. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY you are raising a professional athlete. I promise you. Relax, let them have a good time and learn the lessons they are supposed to be learning in sports.
6. Kids should play the sport that is in season until they are in middle school. Then they can decide which one or two sports they want to play and become more focused. Cross training prevents injuries and burnout.
7. If you have nothing nice to say, sit down and be quiet. Donít be "thatĒ parent.
8. If you are losing your mind on the sideline of game, itís time to look in the mirror and figure out why. Itís not normal to care that much about sports. Put that energy into something more productive.
9. Let them fail. Forgotten equipment, not working out, not practicing at home? Let them suffer the consequences of that. It will make them better.
10. Your kids are watching you. Make them proud not embarrassed.
Player Stats, Schedules, Results and other information will be updated on this site throughout the season.
Thank You To Austin Edwards Family...
EVERY YEAR I AM MORE AMAZED AT THE EXTENDED FAMILY OF "AUSTIN EDWARDS"
THANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE THAT VOLUNTEERED
WHAT A WONDERFUL EVENT MADE BY YOU THE PARTICIPANTS
TO READ MORE PLEASE CLICK IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER
UNDER AUSTIN EDWARDS FAMILY
Bernie Olson SBA President 2012-13 and 2013-14
Get in the Game!
visitors since 11/22/2010
Special Thanks To:
Phaedra (Eddie) Torres
Lake Superior Title Services
for their doantion!
Austin Edwards 3 on 3 2012 Tournament Sponsors:
ACES ON 29TH
AUDIO VISUAL RESOURCES
BARKERS ISLAND HOTEL
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
COZY CORNERS BAR & GRILL
DOWNS-LESAGE FUNERAL HOME
DR. BE STEIN FAMILY DENTIST
DR. NEIL O'SHAUGHNESSY, DDS
ESSENTIA HEALTH ST MARYS-DULUTH
ESSENTIA HEALTH ST MARYS-SUPERIOR
FOUR CORNERS GENERAL STORE
GIZMOS PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS
HAMMOND SUPPER CLUB
HOLDEN INSURANCE-STEVE MATUSHAK
INTEGRATED OFFICE SOLUTIONS
JAZZ BODY & PAINT
JOHN KOLSTAD PHOTOGRAPHY
JT'S ONE STOP
LAKE SUPERIOR HELICOPTERS
LAKE SUPERIOR TITLE
LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA
LONDON ROAD RENTAL
MARY KAY-JACQUE ABRAHAMSON (IN MEMORY OF)
MISTY PINE PHOTOGRAPHY
MOOSE JUCTION LOUNGE
ON THE LIMIT
OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE-HERMANTOWN
PICKET FENCE FLOWER SHOP
RICK GONDIK- ATTORNEY AT LAW
ST. CROIX INN
SUPERIOR BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
SUPERIOR FIRE DEPT/STEVE & LYNNE EDWARDS
T&A TAXIDERMY- ARIZONA
THATCHERS AUTO SERVICE
THE BUZZ SALON
THE VILLAGE PUMP
WILD WORLD OF WINGS
BRIAN & JACKIE KMIECK
DAVE & LORI KONTNY
LINN & KELLY MAGNUSON
**BEST TEAM NAME CONTEST**
VICIOUS AND DELICOUS
**BEST TEAM JERSEY CONTEST**
HOT SHOT HEROES
SUPERIOR SENIOR HIGH TWIRLERS
2-4 - LITTLE GIANTS
5/6 BOYS- HOT SHOT HEROES
5/6 GIRLS- TYE DYED TIGERS
7/8 BOYS- JR. DREAM TEAM
7/8 GIRLS- SPIGERS
HSG- SOLON CHAMPS
HSB- NUTTIN BUT NET
ADULTS- LAZY BUT TALENTED